[Notes from Ginny] Attendees: Brittany, Anne, Ginny, Adam, Mickey, & Derek
Summary: Good discussion on the history of this team and the priorities of those who arrived. A good discussion on activities that will help in the discovery:
- Prototype a page or two from the San Francisco Housing Data Hub (housing.datasf.org)
- Pull data from Open Durham (ex County Population Vulnerability) into various tools such as Watson, SAS Enterprise, Pandas, …
- Compare Durham to similar cities to assess how we are doing for affordability and accessibility to housing
- Determine if there is data that the community could request to be added to the Open Durham site.
Next Meeting Prep (December 15)
- Join the Google Group for communication.
- Review the initial details from the March 2015 brainstorming session
- Get project setup: Github Repository, Planning Board (Waffle.io, Trello,etc), other
- Review and Play with various data sources including: https://opendurham.nc.gov/page/home
- Talk with potential stakeholders: Non-profits (Trosa, Housing for NewHope, Self Help, etc),